Join Our Team
Join Our Team
Director of Campus Ministry
POSITION: Director of Campus Ministry
REPORTS TO: Principal
CLASSIFICATION: Salary – Full‐Time, 12-month exempt
Are you inspired by the transformative capacity of an innovative, Catholic education in the Jesuit tradition?
Are you committed to building an equitable, Ignatian community that forms students of all backgrounds as servant leaders?
Are you energetic and optimistic, quick to recognize and nurture the inherent good in every student?
Are you hard-working and passionate about accompanying urban scholars on the journey to college?
Are you courageous, humble, and growth-oriented, always pushing your practice to improve the student experience?
Are you organized and efficient, able to fulfill diverse responsibilities in a dynamic environment?
If so, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School needs your talent to enrich our Ignatian, college-bound learning community, serve families
who embrace bold dreams for their children, and inspire students to lead through service to others.
About Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) Milwaukee is part of a national network of 38 high schools transforming urban education through a unique integration of college-prep academics, professional experience, and spiritual formation with a focus on students of limited financial means. At CRJ’s new $35 million campus, just across
the Menomonee Valley from Marquette University, in the heart of Milwaukee’s dynamic Clarke Square, Cristo Rey serves a diverse student body of approximately 425 young men and women and 250 alumni. Students attend class four days per week and work in a professional setting one day per week through our innovative Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). It is the collective mission of our staff to provide our students with a Jesuit education that ensures they students gain admission to—and ultimately graduate from—college. In pursuit of that goal, Cristo Rey staff collaborate, reflect, and practice to maximize their impact each day.
In this full-time, eleven-month position, the Director of Campus Ministry (DCM) oversees the programming and staff that ensure the Ignatian spiritual formation and faith development of the Cristo Rey Jesuit community, in accordance with the school’s Catholic, Jesuit mission and identity. The DCM works closely with the Vice President for Strategic Growth, the Principal, the President and other school leaders to foster and sustain a welcoming, Catholic environment for students and staff from diverse backgrounds. The DCM ensures that CRJ is characterized by rich prayer life, liturgical celebrations,
formation programming, and community service experiences. The DCM is committed to – and models – the CRJ Grad at Grad values and Jesuit mission.
- Direct the four-year student retreat program, including Kairos, grade-level, and special-focus retreats to support students in deepening their relationships with God, Jesus, self, and one another
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate school liturgies, especially all-school and small-group Masses, Baccalaureate Mass, and Reconciliation services; ensure student and staff involvement, liturgical music, and a variety of priests to preside
- Direct CRJ’s four-year, student formation program in the Graduate at Graduation values, including by cultivating select staff and faculty leaders and training all adults to serve as formation advisors
- With the Vice President for Strategic Growth, actively support adult formation in Ignatian identity and the Catholic faith, including through staff retreats, adult formation groups, and related programming
- Direct and develop the Sacred Heart Society peer ministry group and the vocations exploration group
- Plan and oversee school prayer, including at assemblies, in the daily Examen, and in seasonal prayer experiences
- Direct CRJ’s annual participation in the Ignatian Family Teach-in for Justice in Washington, DC
- Enlist and oversee staff and faculty involvement in campus ministry on retreats, in liturgies, and at service outings
- Promote a welcoming atmosphere in which community members of all faiths and backgrounds are inclusively engaged and understand they are cared for, valued parts of God’s creation
- Collaborate with school counselors, the dean of student culture, and other staff focused on wellness and mental health
to minister to the spiritual and emotional needs of the school community
- Coordinate all logistics for campus ministry events to ensure adequate staffing, resources, and facilities, the safety of
participants, compliance with laws and requirements, and clear communication and coordination.
- Manage the campus ministry budget to ensure the school has the liturgical supplies, retreat facilities, contracted programming personnel, and other essential resources for strong ministry and service programming
- Ensure high-quality community service programming for students, including both short, local events and multi-day, overnight trips; support all students in meeting the annual community service requirement
- Direct the assistant campus minister in the primary administration of the community service program, and enlist and help coordinate faculty and staff participation on community service trips
- Ensure strong logistical operations of community service events to ensure the safety of participants, compliance with laws and expectations, and clear communication and coordination
- Inclusively engage CRJ students and adults of all faiths and backgrounds in community service activities
- Model values consistent with Catholic and Christian faith, the Jesuit tradition, justice and service to others.
- Approach your work through a developmental lens: enthusiastically participate in Ignatian spiritual formation and professional development, seek and apply feedback, independently access resources to further your growth
- Contribute fully and constructively to the adult team in diverse contexts: planning and overseeing campus ministry programming and adult formation, collaborating across departments and with other school leaders, ministering to those in in need, problem-solving unanticipated challenges and identifying new opportunities; collaborate with integrity, humility, commitment, and joy to ensure the trust that enables the team to accomplish its ambitious mission
- Engage students and parents with respect, fairness, and empathy to enable full partnership with the school.
Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, intellectual curiosity, openness to growth, optimism, and zest that are central to the character of our founding faculty. In addition, they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A major, minor, or comparable credential verifying expertise in campus ministry
- Formation and desire for ongoing growth in Ignatian spirituality and the Catholic faith
- Record of success with teenage students in ministry, community service, and/or student life
- Proficiency using technology to plan, communicate, and enhance student programming
- Strong organizational capacity, detail orientation, and interpersonal intelligence
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
To apply, submit all of the following in pdf format (as one document, if possible) to [email protected], and include the position in the subject line.
- Cover letter that articulates your interest in and readiness for the position
- Contact information for three professional references (email and phone number)
- Undergraduate and graduate (where appropriate) transcripts
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.