Our Corporate Work Study Program represents an opportunity to achieve a win-win-win-win scenario: for partners, for students, for the school and, ultimately, for society.
- Enhanced diversity as entry-level positions are filled with capable young men and women from inner-city families
- A sense of pride in companies, knowing that they are making a difference in the lives of students with limited economic resources
- Cost-effective since the cost of a team is less than one full-time employee
- Stabilizes high-turnover positions and reduces burnout in full-time staff. The most-talented workers in the next wave of the labor force can be identified, trained and eventually hired
- Acquire skills and dispositions necessary for success in the workplace
- Develop the self-efficacy and sense of agency needed to dream about a viable, productive future
- Immersion in a world that is unknown to them, increasing their chances of staying in school and connecting with that world after college
- Learn the value of work and the opportunities that employment presents
- Gain a glimpse of how what is learned in the classroom today relates to the real-world
For the School
- Serve a community where resources are most scarce and most needed
- Link real world work experience with academic learning
- Offer students a vision of the potential for their future college and professional path
- Greater potential for keeping a highly-educated, productive workforce in Milwaukee following post-secondary studies
The Corporate Work Study Program positions students for a brighter, more hopeful future by enabling them to develop self-confidence, build self-esteem, develop life-long mentoring relationships and recognize opportunity.