Join Our Team
Join Our Team
POSITION: Maintenance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, 12-month non-exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Flexible schedule required)
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
Overall Position Description:
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager or his/her designee, the maintenance assistant will maintain the CRJHS building and grounds. The maintenance assistant in collaboration with the Facilities Team will work together to provide an efficient, clean, safe and secure school.
The maintenance assistant is responsible for maintaining the school building and grounds and tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, and events. The maintenance assistant in coordination with the Facilities Team will provide a welcoming, safe and efficient High School facility. Specifically, the maintenance assistant will be responsible for, but is not limited to:
(1) Assist and performs work related to the maintenance of the school building(s) including but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial and security.
(2) Assist with the maintenance of the fleet and equipment on school grounds by closely monitoring equipment and completing necessary maintenance as required. Performs repairs as needed.
(3) Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Perform general maintenance and tasks, which include janitorial, repairs, set up for events, lawn care, preventative maintenance, and snow removal.
Completes requests on the Maintenance Service Requests forms.
Assists with inspections of facilities and maintaining the school in code compliance.
Informs the Facilities Manager of concerns, projects and schedules on a regular basis.
Assist with the monthly fire drills, two annual severe weather and crisis drills.
Assists with the maintenance of the facilities without disruption to student learning.
Assists with the regular maintenance of the school fleet.
Must be present and/or available for CRJHS events/school programs which may take place in the evenings and/or weekends.
Must respond to all facility emergencies when needed and work until the issue has been resolved.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 2 years of experience in facilities operations required
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and ensure a high degree of professionalism
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate and handle many tools and electrical equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google to prepare correspondence and maintain forms and records is preferred.
- Proficient in using email to communicate with management, staff, vendors and others.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and custodial operations.
- Valid WI driver’s license; must be insurable with good driving record
- Frequent lifting and standing, exposure to climate changes, cleaning fluids, paint and equipment that require caution.
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize, prioritize, schedule and complete job‐related tasks efficiently
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of CRJHS.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Ability to work flexible hours within a 40‐hour work week as needed
- Ability to work in a faith‐based organization
- Physical Requirements ‐ Ability to safely lift 50 lbs.
To apply for this position:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a cover letter with salary requirements,
- and a comprehensive resume, to:
Director of Finance and Operations
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
1818 W National Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Or by email to: [email protected]