Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
The HR Administrator is responsible for directing the planning, development, and implementation of the human resource functions, including but not limited to the following: employment, recruitment, onboarding new hires, employee relations, EEO, benefits, and organizational development. This role will provide day to day management and coordination of HR operations, including HR initiatives related to engagement, recognition, employee issue resolution, and staff development. This position, in coordination with School leadership, will promote a culturally competent workforce and a supportive organizational culture.
Human Resources Administration:
- Develop and administer various human resources plans, technology solutions, and procedures for all school personnel; participating in department goals, objectives and systems.
- Benchmark and implement compensation structure and manage school-wide annual performance evaluation program.
- Assess and provide action plans for building culture and employee well-being.
- Develop strategies related to employee engagement, recognition, and retention.
- Address school-wide employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations complaints including counseling managers to handle employee performance concerns.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Uphold and update the Employee Handbook as necessary.
- Maintain department records and reports; recommend new policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements and efficiency in HR practices.
- Assists with annual personnel data reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage strategic recruitment effort ensuring selection from highly qualified candidate pool.
- Manage the new hire process including but not limited to new hire orientation and preparing the new hires work area.
- Performs benefit administration to include change reporting and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Conducts benefits orientation to employees
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- B.A. in business administration or equivalent work experience
- At least 3-5 years of related HR experience
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, and employee engagement
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/state regulations
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Cultural proficiency with diverse stakeholders in School community
- Strong personal alignment with the Cristo Rey Catholic and Jesuit mission
- Physical Requirements – Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Valid WI driver’s license; must be insurable with good driving record
Send resume and cover letter to:
Maricruz Talavera, Director of Finance and Operations
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
1818 W. National Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Email: [email protected]