Professional mentors are integral to Cristo Rey Jesuit’s Corporate Work Study Program. Professional mentors are a valuable resource to our students to help them fully embrace their CWSP experience. Mentors offer personalized, one-on-one weekly motivation and advice to propel students to take initiative and be more proactive at work and in school. Mentors guide students through a program modeled on Sean Covey’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, and help students understand how to incorporate these lessons into their work ethic, as well as other areas of their lives.
- Follow lesson plans and assign homework to students (based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens)
- Meet with Corporate Work Study Staff to discuss student progress and behavior
- Keep a record of student meetings, and email Corporate Work Study Staff with updates about students each week
Professional mentors are needed for a weekly one-hour meeting for 8-10 weeks during the student’s advisory period at school.
Qualifications & Skills
- Complete a training session through Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Must be patient, self-motivated and good with teenagers
- Must have professional experience and skills