About Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) Milwaukee is part of the growing national Cristo Rey Network (CRN) of 39 high schools that feature a unique integration of college-prep academics, professional experience, and spiritual formation with a focus on students of limited financial means. At CRJ’s $33 million campus, just across the Menomonee Valley from Marquette University in the heart of Clarke Square, Cristo Rey serves a diverse student body of approximately 450 young men and women and 350 alumni. Students attend class four days per week and work in a professional setting one day per week through our innovative Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). It is the collective mission of our staff to provide our students with a Jesuit education that ensures they gain admission to – and ultimately graduate from – college. In pursuit of that goal, Cristo Rey staff collaborate, reflect, and practice to maximize their impact each day.
As part of Cristo Rey’s faculty, you will educate students in mind and spirit. Through engaging instruction, you will prepare students for college and equip them with the habits of mind that undergird success. Your zest and commitment to excellence will help form students of strong intellect, a passion for justice, and readiness for the professional world. In the spirit of Ignatian pedagogy, your students will act, reflect, and grow as they become men and women for and with others.
- Ensure relevant, college-prep instruction in Grade 9 physical science that accelerates student achievement.
- Provide excellent teaching through planning, feedback, collaboration, differentiation, and reflection for growth.
- Design and administer relevant formative and summative assessments; analyze and adjust instruction in response.
- Build relationships with students in the spirit of cura personalis (care for the whole person).
- Forge partnerships with parents to support your students.
- Maintain an equitable, vibrant classroom environment that conveys warmth, order, and a sense of belonging.
- Uphold school-wide practices, policies and routines.
- Approach teaching as a learner: seek and apply feedback, use professional development resources to further grow.
- Collaborate and share your practice with colleagues to enable the team to accomplish its goals.
- Embrace the school’s goals and results as the collective responsibility of the staff; celebrate peers’ accomplishments.
- Model values consistent with Catholic, Jesuit education and the CRJ Graduate at Graduation values.
- Problem-solve challenges with humility, creativity, and resilience.
Student Support and Contribution to School
- Contribute to your grade-level team and your content team (department).
- Provide targeted student support in a daily learning lab (study hall) and office hours.
- Actively monitor common times and hallway transitions to ensure a calm and orderly environment.
- Support student clubs as well as student life events, including retreats, athletics, liturgies, service trips and dances.
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School encourages applicants of all backgrounds and provides equal employment opportunities to candidates of any race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
Successful applicants will embody the mission-alignment, openness to growth, commitment to equity, optimism and zest that are central to the character of our staff, and they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major, minor, or comparable credential in the primary teaching discipline
- Teaching license in the primary teaching discipline, or progress towards licensure preferred
- Experience working with English Language Learners and/or proficiency in Spanish a plus.
To apply, attach the following to an email, in pdf format, to [email protected]. Indicate the position in the subject line of your email (for example, “Faculty: Math”). Direct questions to [email protected].
- Cover letter underscoring your interest in and readiness for the position
- Two professional letters of reference or contact information for two professional references
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin.