Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations or his/her designee, will assist with the Student Information System (SIS) management and provide support and training to school staff. Support and coordinate the collection, input, auditing and reporting of system data and other duties as assigned.
The IT Coordinator will ensure continuous integrity, availability, and the development of technology throughout the entire High School community, including the school, the business and advancement departments. Specifically, the IT Coordinator will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
- Installs and maintains software on all high school devices essential to the smooth operation of the school including upgrades of each system.
- Assist and manage PowerSchool including development, integration and support
- Maintains the current PowerSchool environments, including user accounts and security groups/roles, and recommends improvements in processes and workflows according to PowerSchool best practices
- Process end of year close for the SIS
- Assist with the setup of new school year, calendar and roll-over of student information
- Facilitate data flow between PowerSchool and WISEdata and other systems
- Will train personnel in utilizing these systems
- Creates disaster recovery plan for the SIS
- Prepare and disseminate reliable and timely data reports to inform school leadership on school development
- On-call when needed, including the ability to work outside normal hours for critical technology needs
Student Information System (SIS) management:
- Assists the IT Administrator with the SIS and serve as a technical point of contact
- Train and assist school personnel on utilizing the SIS and other supporting data systems and applications in regard to entry, retrieval, storage, security, reporting, data collection, printing and disposal of data.
- Import and export data to and from WISEData and other third-party software
- Serve as a point of contact between the PowerSchool and the school relative to changes, data collection, additions, upgrades and deadlines
- Keep IT Administrator and Director of Finance & Operations informed of issues related to SIS and requirements of the state through timely meetings or emails
Software and database management:
- Assist the school in the collection, organization, analysis and reporting of disaggregated data required by partners (CRN, Arch) state, and federal programs
- Manage the annual reporting of the following:
- Immunization report
- CRN Annual Data Report
- Archdiocese annual reporting
- Jesuit annual reporting
- Conduct ongoing data information projects as requested
- Provide technical assistance and support in troubleshooting and problem solving with data system users (staff, administrators, school personnel, outside vendors and service providers)
- Attend professional trainings and/or conferences as needed
- Assist in the preparation of written materials (i.e., procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information
- Maintains the inventory of consumables for copiers
- Assists with the ongoing maintenance of the technology equipment inventory
- Stays current with trends in technology
- Performs various other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computers or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Personal knowledge and alignment with Cristo Rey Jesuit High School’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management
- Knowledge of Google Management System for a 1:1 student environment
- The ability to work independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to improve projects and tasks.
- Able to analyze data, draw conclusions, make recommendations and develop action plans.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Desire to work with high school students
- Physical Requirements – Exerting twenty (20) to fifty (50) pounds of force occasionally, or ten (10) to fifteen (15) pounds of force frequently to move objects. Ability to lift 20 pounds.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a cover letter stating personal intent,
- a comprehensive resume, to:
Director of Finance and Operations