Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
The Student Relations Manager position will help develop, implement, and support programming related to student workforce readiness and career preparation. This will include our traditional student deployment and work experience model as well as developing additional programs such as workforce readiness curriculum. This position will oversee all aspects of student worker performance, including but not limited to corrective action, documentation, discipline, coaching, and recognition, and reward. This position will be the primary interface with students when it comes to meeting performance expectations of the program as well as their ongoing development for being college-ready and career-prepared.
- Develop and implement workforce readiness programming in order to support students in their pathway to college and career readiness. Manage student performance in these programs through channels such as student worker time card feedback, supervisor feedback, curriculum grades and performance, etc.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Client Relations Manager on all cross-over aspects of performance between students and corporate partners
- Identify and implement positive recognition practices as a way to affirm and celebrate strong performance at work
- Identify, plan and lead corrective action and discipline processes, documentation and communications with students and parents when dealing with policy violations or ongoing performance issues
- Recommend and implement progressive discipline processes, policies, and decisions
- Ensure alignment and coordination with the Director of CWSP and School Leadership on final stage performance and discipline-related actions. Participate and assist in leading highly sensitive student/parent meetings
- Lead comprehensive retraining program and curriculum for students who have been terminated from their position
- In coordination with the CWSP Operations Manager, identify and implement curriculum to further integrate the students’ workplace experience and academics
- Supervise CWSP Program Assistant in all aspects of student program support
- Contribute to, and participate in, CWSP events where student placement, performance, and/or recognition is a key part of the agenda
- Using student performance feedback and performance data, contribute to recommendations on student work recognition and incentives programs. (e.g. Employee of the Month or Grad at Grad)
- Utilize van dismissal as an opportunity to prepare and influence student performance and engagement as they depart for their workday
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or education required
- 5-8 years of work experience in corporate, non-profit, or secondary/higher education in areas like student affairs or student programming/services required
- Experience in leading, developing or implementing youth workforce or career readiness programming preferred
- Able to act with conviction and courage when making difficult assessments and decisions
- Able to analyze data, draw conclusions, make recommendations and develop action plans
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills and able to handle confidential or sensitive information or situations
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Able to be available for early morning van dismissal
- Fluent Spanish-speaker is a plus but not required
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Ability to work in a mission driven and faith‐based organization
- Valid driver’s license; must be insurable with good driving record
To apply, submit the following in pdf format to Everette Fernandes, Vice President of Corporate Work Study at [email protected]:
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled.