Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee (CRJHSM) is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college-prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
As a collaborative team member of the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), this position will frequently interact with students, school personnel, and families to execute the transformative Cristo Rey Work Study Program model. This role exists to motivate, develop, provide feedback, oversee student behavior and performance both in school and especially in the workplace.
- Supports and assists in the daily and weekly monitoring of student workday attendance and performance. Some of these activities include but are not limited to:
- Daily van dismissal duties and procedures.
- Daily timecard monitoring and oversight.
- Contact students’ families/partners regarding attendance or work performance.
- Foster a winning culture for all students and recognize performance
- Salesforce/CRM is a required skill to perform in the above mentioned duties.
- Acts as immediate supervisor for the student teams that are assigned to the CWSP team as in accordance with the CWSP program and guidelines.
- Oversees all undeployed students in the school. Collaborates with the Manager of Student Relations on programming and curriculum for these students.
- Works closely with the Student Relations Manager on the CWSP retraining program to include but not limited to student oversight, progression through the process and ensuring that students are successfully deployed in their subsequent assignment.
- Assist in the creation of student contracts and success plans wherever necessary.
- Offers student recommendations for work placements utilizing knowledge gained via interaction with students.
- Leads and recommends student incentive and recognition programs including but not limited to Employee of the Month, locker shout outs, and MAGIS shout outs.
- Supports and lead parts of Summer Bridge career-readiness curriculum and programming
- Supports CWSP Manager of Client Relations by conducting selected site visits.
- Visits students at work to provide on-site coaching and support as a method for student performance improvement.
- Contributes towards the [monthly] CWSP e-newsletter, which may include but is not limited to, writing content, the compilation of content, and working with Marketing/Communications to publish content.
- Assists the CWSP Program Associate with the collection (or completion) of student employees records (I-9 forms, work permits, tax forms, agreements, Department of Labor compliance, and other employment-related documentation)
- Leads and manages the CWSP initiatives in accordance with the strategic plan of the school that involve the students that are not deployed and in school.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by CWSP leadership. Is a designated backup to school reception and transportation.
- Assists with translation both in verbal meetings or even to translate documents that may be used for communication with staff, students, parents and employers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fluency in Spanish highly desired
- Self-motivated, high-energy, engaging, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven atmosphere, faith‐based organization
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to relate to and motivate high school students
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects, varied in nature, in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Technology skills desired for use of Salesforce, PowerSchool, Google Suite, and Constant Contact
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Valid driver’s license; must be insurable with a good driving record
- Strong personal alignment with the mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School.
To apply, submit the following in pdf format to Everette Fernandes, Vice President of Corporate Work Study at [email protected]:
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis thereafter until the position is filled.