|REPORTS TO:||Senior Advancement Director|
The Advancement Specialist is a 12-month, full time position that is primarily responsible for managing donor stewardship, records, and the acknowledgements process and coordinates the grant writing and reporting activities of the department. In collaboration with Advancement team members, this position supports multiple solicitation and cultivation events each year, the annual fund and major gifts efforts for the school. The Advancement Specialist reports to the Senior Advancement Director.
Donor Stewardship Management
- Maintain, enhance and update the donor records and tracking system
- Process gifts and prepare acknowledgment letters
- Analyze donor data to provide scheduled and impromptu reports for board meetings and appeals
- Work with Finance Department to reconcile Advancement records with general ledger on a monthly basis
- Coordinate segmentation of the donor database to manage appeals and reporting
- Create processes to consistently identify new prospects at all giving levels
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Manage grants calendar and deadlines
- Complete grant proposals
- Collect relevant information and data to support in grant application process
- Assist in fulfilling grant reporting requirements
Special Events and Annual Giving Support
- Plan, coordinate and assist with special events and donor cultivation events
- Assist in coordination and management of volunteers
- Coordinate and maintain the development calendar
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably, some experience in fundraising
- A strong team player, demonstrated self-starter and motivational leader with excellent interpersonal skills, requiring minimal supervision and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a keen attention to detail
- Desire and ability to support the Catholic and Ignatian character of the school
- Passionately articulate commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit as both a sponsored ministry of the Society of Jesus and a member of the Cristo Rey Network of schools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite; experience with fundraising & constituent management database a plus
- COVID-19 vaccination required
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to: Shannon Watry, CFRE, Senior Advancement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) Milwaukee is part of a national network of 37 high schools transforming urban education through a unique integration of college-prep academics, professional experience, and spiritual formation with a focus on students of limited financial means. As a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving 430 students, Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.