More than 50 Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) students attended pre-college programs this summer across the country. Rising sophomores and juniors are challenging themselves academically and professionally at campuses such as Marquette University, UW-Whitewater, and Georgetown University.
- Wendy, Angie, and Saul (Class of 2019) spent six weeks at Marquette University participating in the Health Careers Opportunity Program. They got to experience dorm life and learned ample information about the health field.
- CRJ student Gissell (Class of 2019) traveled to Georgetown University in Washington D.C. to participate in the Summer Law Institute. Gissell will join other high school students for this week-long experience and will visit the U.S. Supreme Court and Capitol, participate in a mock trial simulation, and learn firsthand how laws are developed and administered, among other field trips and courses.
- Eight CRJ students participated in Carroll University’s Horizontes en Carroll summer residential program, introducing high school students to a well-rounded university experience.
- AP prep classes through UW-Milwaukee are popular among CRJ students as they prepare for AP history, Spanish, and seminar for the 2017-18 academic year.
- UW-Platteville’s STEM Discovery Academy has grasped the attention of CRJ students interested in experiencing college-level courses and exploring careers in math, science, technology, and engineering.
Oh, the places they will go! As we enter year three at CRJ in Milwaukee, we applaud the perseverance and diligence of our students and look forward to watching them grow as they prepare for college. Keep blazing that trail, Trailblazers!
Check out this video highlighting students at Mount Mary University participating in the Fashion Boot Camp. Rising junior Daniela can be spotted at 0:31.