|POSITION:||Van Driver for Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP)|
|SUPERVISOR:||Director of Corporate Work Study Program|
|SCHEDULE:||Part‐time, Tuesday – Friday, 7:30am – 9:30am and 2:30pm ‐ 4:30pm|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
Overall Position Description:
Under the supervision of the Director of Corporate Work Study Program or his/her designee, the Van Driver will be responsible for safely, professionally, and efficiently transporting students to and from work placements in Milwaukee, WI in a Cristo Rey Jesuit van and performing activities related to the operation of the van. Position responsibilities include:
- Driving the students from school to work in the morning,
- Ensuring a welcoming, orderly, appropriate, and professional van environment,
- Driving the students from work to school in the afternoon,
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Corporate Work Study Program.
- Drive vans and transport students from school to work and from work to school or to various events, activities, and destinations.
- Be in full charge of the van at all times and report unmanageable students to the Director of Corporate Work Study Program and principal on the incident/discipline form.
- Ensure students are dropped off at the correct location by watching students walk into the building of their work placement.
- Adhere to safety rules when loading and unloading students.
- Assist students out of and into vehicles as needed.
- Check vehicle for operating safety (conduct a pre‐trip and post‐trip inspection of the van including gas, battery, oil and water).
- Check, clean, and perform minor servicing of vans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assigned routes and stops by actually driving the route and noting stops before the first day of service without students aboard.
- Prepare simple reports and keep logs of trips.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Corporate Work Study Program and/or his/her designee.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license for the type of equipment to be driven, with no serious violations (must be insurable with good driving record).
- Have a minimum of three years previous safe driving experience.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, Corporate Partners, and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Be a reliable person of good character and good judgement who shall possess the qualifications and communication skills necessary to perform the duties of this position, and comply with the rules set form for drivers in all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and efficiently as an individual.
- Flexibility and adaptability as Corporate Work Study Program operations develop.
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of Cristo Rey Jesuit Corporate Work Study Program.
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body.
- Desire to work with high school students.
- Ability to work in a faith‐based organization.
- Physical Requirements ‐ Ability to lift 25 lbs.
To apply for this position:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, contact:
Kaylee Beck, CWSP Operations Manager
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
1818 West National Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53204