|POSITION:||Summer Mathematics Teacher|
|START DATE:||Orientation June 12 & June 15|
|SCHEDULE:||Full Time June 18- July 13|
TEACH. INSPIRE. TRANSFORM.
Position Available: For SUMMER 2018, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School seeks a full-time summer mathematics teacher.
Dates of Employment: June 18– July 13; Orientation June 12 & 15
About Cristo Rey.
Cristo Rey Jesuit in Milwaukee is the 29th school in a growing national network of Catholic high schools recognized for transforming urban education through a unique integration of rigorous academics, professional experience, and spiritual formation. For the 2018-19 school year, Cristo Rey Milwaukee will welcome its third class of approximately 125 freshmen boys and girls of limited financial means. Cristo Rey’s innovative model calls for our students to attend class four days per week and work in a professional setting five days per month through our Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). While some of our students will enter high school below grade-level academically, it is the collective mission of our staff to ensure that our students gain admission to—and ultimately graduate from—college. In pursuit of that goal, Cristo Rey has a longer school day and an extended academic year, and our teachers innovate, plan, reflect, and practice so that they maximize their impact in the classroom.
As part of Cristo Rey’s motivated and collaborative teaching staff, you will educate students in mind and spirit. Through engaging, data-informed instruction that effectively incorporates technology to enhance learning, you will ensure all students are academically prepared for college, reflective about their learning in both the classroom and the Corporate Work Study Program, and equipped with the habits of mind that undergird success. Your relentlessness, zest, and commitment to excellence will help form a student body distinguished by breakthrough achievement gains, a passion for justice, and dexterity in the professional world. In the spirit of Ignatian pedagogy, you will create opportunities for students to act, reflect, and grow as they become men and women for others. Your interpersonal intelligence, courage, and drive to find solutions will make you an integral member of our high-functioning, vibrant team—one that is grounded in a deep commitment to the school’s mission. Ultimately, by giving generously of yourself, your gifts, and your time, you will help grow a school that serves its students’ diverse needs and cultivates their many talents.
- Implement the CRJ summer school curriculum that focuses on the fundamentals of Algebra or Geometry in a condensed format that spans four weeks.
- Execute rigorous, objective-driven, high-impact lessons that accelerate student growth through effective, constant monitoring of and response to student proficiency; frequent opportunities for students to practice skills taught in order to demonstrate understanding.
- Create and sustain an organized and vibrant classroom environment that supports student learning and conveys warmth, order, and a feeling of welcome.
- Maintain professional presence including dress, organization, punctuality, and attendance at daily staff meetings.
- Track student performance and maintain classroom records, such as daily attendance
Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, intellectual curiosity, openness to growth, optimism, and zest that are central to the character of our staff. In addition, they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with a major, minor, or comparable credential of content expertise in math;
- Teaching license and experience as a middle school or high school teacher preferred;
- Experience working with English learners and/or proficiency in Spanish a plus.
To apply, submit all of the following in pdf format (preferably in one document, if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in the subject line of your email: “Summer School: Math Teacher”.
- CRJHSM Employee Application
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School provides equal employment opportunities to applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, or national origin.