|POSITION:||Marketing and Communications Coordinator|
|REPORTS TO:||Advancement - Director|
|SCHEDULE:||Full-Time, Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, public relations messages and marketing materials to consistently articulate the mission and brand of Cristo Rey Jesuit Milwaukee High School. The coordinator will oversee the development and implementation of support materials and services in the areas of marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Further the mission, vision, and values of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School (CRJ).
- Create an annual marketing and communications plan for CRJ which includes strategy for the areas of Admissions, Corporate Work Study, and Advancement.
- Oversee the production of spring and fall newsletters, monthly e-newsletters, annual appeal, annual event, annual report and other marketing and communications pieces.
- Oversee social media and website content, design, and maintenance to ensure effectiveness across all inward and outward facing users.
- Serve as media contact, draft and distribute all press releases and form strong relationships with local print, radio, and television media.
- Manage internal communication strategy.
- Draft remarks, talking points, presentations etc. for President
- Oversee and/or produce graphic art for published, printed or electronic media.
- Serve as point of contact for outside communication/marketing related vendors: design, printing, mailing, etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar field
- Exemplary written and verbal communications skills with creativity and ability to edit content for a wider audience
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects, varied in nature, in a fast-paced environment, with a sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Results-focused with the ability to engage the commitment of others through rapport and relationship building, achieve results through innovation and problem solving, and make decisions collaboratively or quickly in response to changing conditions
- Strong personal alignment with the Cristo Rey’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
- Computer proficiency with Constant Contact, Microsoft Office, Adobe (Reader, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Front Page preferred
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and efficiently as an individual
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Desire to work in a high school environment
- Ability to work flexible hours within a 40 hour work week as needed
- Valid driver’s license; must be insurable with good driving record
- Physical Requirements – Ability to lift 25 lbs.
To apply for this position:
Please send a letter stating your personal intent and professional resume to:
Andrew Stith, President