|POSITION:||Head Cross Country Coach|
|REPORTS TO:||Athletic Director|
|SCHEDULE:||Part-time Monday-Friday 4:00-6:30 p.m., some Saturdays|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is seeking an energetic, mission-aligned individual for the Head Cross Country Coach. This position will begin Aug 17th and end on Oct 31st, 2021.
Practices will be held after school, and there will be some Saturday events. Successful applicants will be characterized by the following:
• A strong understanding of the rules, regulations, and techniques of the sport;
• Ability to organize knowledge and expertise of the sport into engaging, effective practice and training sessions;
• Reliability and responsibility, effective time-management and organization, and strong communication skills;
• Ability to effectively engage, recruit, and retain team members;
• Ability to convey transferable skills and mindsets to student-athletes from the court/field to the classroom and other aspects of life;
• A positive, strengths-based approach to building team, commitment, goal orientation, and a sense of pride;
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other coaches, officials, school administration, student-athletes, and parents.
• Resourcefulness, resilience, and optimism.
Qualifications: Playing and or Coaching Experience
All applicants will be required to pass a background check, be insurable to drive students to/from events using the school’s vehicles, and complete the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Safeguard training before beginning employment.