|POSITION:||Director of Postgraduate Success|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School Milwaukee seeks a full time Director of Postgraduate Success
Are you hard working and passionate about accompanying urban scholars on the journey through college to career?
Are you entrepreneurial and growth oriented , able to harness resources and feedback to reach ambitious goals?
Are you inspired by the transformative capacity of an innovative, culturally relevant Jesuit education?
Are you an empathetic and courageous leader, ready to guide a diverse team in a fluid environment?
Are you efficient data driven, and communicative experienced managing multiple projects and stakeholder groups
If so, Cristo Rey Jesuit High School needs your talent to enrich our supportive, college bound learning community, serve families who embrace bold dreams for their children, and inspire students to lead through service with others
About Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
Cristo Rey Jesuit (CRJ) Milwaukee is part of a national network of 37 high schools transforming urban education through a unique integration of college prep academics, professional experience, and spiritual formation with a focus on students of limited financial means. At CRJ’s new $35 million campus, just across the Menomonee Valley from Marquette University in the heart of Milwaukee’s dynamic Clarke Square, Cristo Rey serves a diverse student body of approximately 425 young men and women and 200 alumni. Students attend class four days per week and work in a professional setting one day per week through our innovative Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP). It is the collective mission of our staff to ensure that our students gain admission to and ultimately graduate from college. In pursuit of that goal, Cristo Rey staff collaborate, reflect, and practice to maximize their impact each day.
In this full-time, 12 month position, you will lead Cristo Rey Jesuit’s college and alumni team , working closely with the principal and across departments to ensure the school delivers on three mission critical commitments:
- every senior graduates with at least one four year college acceptance
- CRJ alumni persist and graduate from college at rates that close the college graduation gap
- CRJ alumni access best in class workforce development so they graduate from college career ready
Under your leadership, the college and alumni team will nurture a robust college going culture among students, families and staff. Your team will empower alumni to persist through college by sharing its deep knowledge of college admissions, college persistence and on campus student resources and by forging strong relationships between high impact college personnel, graduates and families, and the CRJ team. You will maintain communication with alumni, systematically track their progress, curate relevant resources, and offer responsive support. You will collaborate with college and corporate partners and community organizations to initiate and sustain CRJ alumni’s ongoing professional growth during college . Your emotional intelligence, courage, productivity, and solutions orientation will make you an integral member of the CRJ community one grounded in the school’s Jesuit mission. By giving generously of yourself, you will help shape a school that serves its alumni’s diverse needs and cultivates their many talents during these formative and transitional years.
Leadership of College and Alumni Team & Programs
- Lead the college and alumni team to meet or exceed CRJ’s key performance indicators by strategically focusing team resources on areas of need and opportunity.
- Ensure high quality , comprehensive college admissions programming and alumni advising through ongoing, data informed pursuit of the program’s success and improvement.
- Liaise with CWSP, advancement, and school leadership, as well as corporate partners, colleges, and community organizations to develop programs that allow alumni to grow professionally while in college, make college accessible and affordable, facilitate alumni’s transition from college to career, and extend CRJ’s impact on the development of a local talent pipeline.
- Oversee the delivery of college readiness curricula in grades 9 12, including college visits, speakers, and other interactive experiences as well as classroom instruction in college preparation and persistence.
- Foster strong relationships with key college personnel (academic support staff, opportunity program advisors, financial aid officers to create on campus support networks for CRJ alumni.
- Create resources to support robust college and alumni support, provide professional development for CRJ teachers and staff, and build college transition knowledge and investment in parents and families.
Direct Support of Students and Alumni
- Forge and sustain relationships with students, families and alumni through college to career.
- Systematically develop and sustain long term, sustainable relationships between alumni and the school as well as the CRJ advancement CWSP teams.
- Support seniors and recent graduates with the decision and matriculation process, including enrollment in CRJ and CRN alumni tracking software, course registration, FERPA waivers, and FAFSA.
- Maintain multi faceted and robust communication and engagement with alumni through social media, messaging, email, face to face visits, socials and networking events, panel discussions, and so on.
- Ensure comprehensive, ongoing tracking of alumni progress through college on Cristo Rey Network software platforms to support robust, data driven deployment of alumni support resources.
- Serve as a student Graduate at Graduation formation advisor.
- Model values consistent with Catholic, Jesuit education and service to others.
- Engage students and parents with respect, partnership, and empathy.
- Approach your professional practice through a developmental lens and enthusiastically participate in professional development, including with the CR Network seek and apply feedback from leadership and colleagues; demonstrate drive and independence in accessing resources to further your own improvement.
- Collaborate with and contribute fully to the adult community with integrity, humility, humor, and joy.
- Seek opportunities to participate on committees, plan and chaperone school events, especially involving seniors, alumni, and a college-going culture, and otherwise contribute to the life of the school.
- Support a safe and orderly school environment by attending to assigned administrative duties.
- Embrace the school’s goals, results, and growth as the collective responsibility of the entire adult team.
Qualifications, Skills, and Characteristics
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School encourages applicants of all backgrounds and provides equal employment opportunities to applicants of any race, ethnicity, religion, sex , or national origin. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will embody mission-alignment, openness to growth, commitment to equity, attention to detail, resilience, results orientation, optimism, determination and zest. In addition, they will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Expertise in the college admissions and financial aid processes and college opportunity programs
- Extensive knowledge of the academic, socio emotional, and life skills necessary for college persistence, particularly for first generation college students
- Five or more years of relevant work experience successfully supporting teens and /or young adults from diverse, low income communities through college and/or career readiness
- Proven ability to lead adult teams and collaborate across departments to meet ambitious, measurable goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Superior initiative, resourcefulness, and organizational capability
- Proficiency using technology to track data and provide corresponding support
- Proficiency in Spanish strongly preferred; teaching experience a plus
To apply, submit all of the following in pdf format (as one document, if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the position in the subject line.
- Cover letter underscoring both your interest in and readiness for the position
- Contact information for three professional references (email and phone number)
- Undergraduate and graduate (where appropriate) transcripts