|POSITION:||Director, Corporate Work Study Program|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life. The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), is a unique program offered to students who attend the school. A separate corporation, it trains the students for entry-level employment, and markets their services to local corporate clients. It supports both students and the workplace in their implementation of the program. The Corporate Work Study Program opens doors of limitless opportunities for students whom Cristo Rey educates and is poised to significantly impact the future of Milwaukee.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee seeks an energetic, experienced professional to direct and successfully grow the Corporate Work Study Program with a strong desire to coach and train young people from Milwaukee and work with business executives to ensure the success of the program. The Director oversees all work study activities, including overall policy, job procurement strategy, operations, administration and budget. The Director demonstrates a strong skill set to develop and manage a variety of projects from visioning to implementation. The Director is a member of the school’s leadership team and works collaboratively with the school to meet the objectives of the school and work program. This position reports to the Cristo Rey Jesuit Corporate Work Study President.
The Director of Corporate Work Study is responsible for:
- Securing work-study jobs for all enrolled students at local companies
- Overseeing the placement, training, supervision, transportation and evaluation of our students at these firms.
- Owning and nurturing the relationship with the corporate sponsors with the goal of renewing sponsors for the following year
- Supervising staff and volunteers.
- Overseeing all matters of legal compliance
- Ad hoc projects assigned by the President.
Corporate Partner Administration:
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing corporate partners of Work Study positions in order to acquire and retain work study placements for all students.
- Supervises and guides the Program Manager, who administers the daily operations and coordinates interactions between the student workers and corporate partners employers in the Work-Study program
- Serves as coordinator to the Work Study Board of Directors to identify new, highly connected members to assist in identifying, and generating qualified leads for new job opportunities for the student workers.
- Oversee the delivery of high-quality orientations to each new and existing sponsor.
- In collaboration with the Principal, approve students for admission and dismissal and oversees Corporate Work Study component of the admissions process
- Provides oversight of the development and implementation of the program policies related to student work study placement, scheduling, timekeeping and evaluation processes
- Provides oversight of the development and implementation of the annual Summer Institute job preparation/training program for new students
- Oversee the placement of student workers in consultation with the work-study staff and key school staff.
- Establish and continuously improve the process of obtaining continuous feedback from students on their experience at work.
- Administer a comprehensive retraining program for students who are dismissed from their work position.
- Administer an on-going training program for students to continuously upgrade their skills.
- Maintains student data on job placement and performance.
- Supervise the transportation program to transport students to up to 100 job sites around the greater metropolitan area daily
- Makes decisions regarding the hire, supervision and dismissal of seasonal van drivers
- Maintains documentation for Department of Labor ruling compliance
- Reports to the President, serves as a member of the Management Team along with the Principal, Vice President for Strategic Growth, Business Manager, Admissions Director and Development Director; provides input to the President on operations, policies, budget and other issues
- Hires and supervises all staff in the Corporate Work Study Program
- Represents Cristo Rey Jesuit Corporate Work-Study, Inc. on various school and Board of Director committees
- Implements directives of the Board as delegated by the President
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field; Masters preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales and business administration, including staff supervision
- Personal knowledge and alignment with Cristo Rey Jesuit High School’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
- Commitment to the Mission and Values of CRJHS
- Connection to corporate community in Milwaukee
- Successful leadership and management experience, preferably in the corporate world
- History of success in meeting sales and performance goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database management
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and motivate staff members. Thrives in a team focused environment.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up organization
- Creativity and entrepreneurial attitude
- Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds of the student body
- Desire to work with high school students
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is helpful but not required
To apply for this position:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a letter stating personal intent,
- a comprehensive resume, to:
Andrew Stith, President