|POSITION:||Director of Admissions|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
The Director of Admissions is responsible for:
- Recruiting qualified students to apply to the school
- Devising and directing the Admissions process from point of inquiry to enrollment
- Supervising staff and volunteers associated with the Admissions process.
- Managing events and outreach activities sponsored by the Office of Admissions
- Serving as a member of the school’s leadership team.
- Ad hoc projects assigned by the President.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive strategic plan of admissions of new students to the school
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an Admissions program structure to effectively accomplish Cristo Rey Jesuit’s goals and objectives
- Evaluates continually and redesigns where appropriate all aspects of the admissions program with the goal of maintaining a capacity enrollment of qualified students and a wait-list of qualified applicants
- Represents the school at conferences related to admissions and to the local community
- Develops and oversees admissions appropriate marketing materials, ads, mailings, web pages, and publications that promote the school to prospective students
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with Catholic elementary and middle schools, local public and charter middle schools, churches, and other organizations that can be helpful in attracting applicants
- Presents the school to parents and students during visits to middle schools, churches, and organizations, or through media
- Initiates and oversees activities, such as Open Houses and Shadow Days, and other engaging events intended to interest prospective parents and students in enrolling at the school
- Develops, continuously evaluates, and revises the student application and relevant processes
- Works with President and the Business Manager to ensure policies and procedures that allow Cristo Rey Jesuit’s participation in the Parental Choice Programs
- Organizes and coordinates student interviews, including training any faculty and staff who will assist with conducting interviews
- Chairs meetings of the Admissions Committee
- Organizes and administers incoming family income verification process and the program for financial aid
- Communicates with students and parents throughout the admissions process
Enrollment and Re-enrollment
- Coordinates teambuilding and welcome activities for accepted students
- Organizes student registration meetings
- Coordinates communication with families prior to starting the Summer Bridge program
- Bachelor’s degree with experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Commitment to the Jesuit, Catholic mission and values of Cristo Rey
- Knowledge of recruitment principles, procedures, and resources
- Experience with Milwaukee and Wisconsin Parental Choice Programs preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate, build relationships and work effectively within a diverse community
- Ability to create, compose, and edit admissions marketing materials
- Event planning experience
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
To apply for this position:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a letter stating personal intent,
- a comprehensive resume, to Andrew Stith, President – email@example.com