|REPORTS TO:||Director of Admissions|
|SCHEDULE:||Full-time, Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm (flexible schedule)|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Milwaukee is a private, Catholic, Jesuit high school serving students of diverse backgrounds living in Milwaukee, WI whose educational options are financially limited. Cristo Rey Jesuit’s mission is to provide an affordable Catholic secondary education with a college prep curriculum and Corporate Work Study Program to prepare graduates for success in college, work, and life.
Overall Position Description:
The Admissions Assistant will assist the Director of Admissions in the recruitment of new students and supporting activities related to the admissions process. The goal is to ensure full enrollment according to the school’s plan and the Cristo Rey Network standards.
The Coordinator is a key member of the Department of Admissions, supporting the development of the processes and procedures established by the Director of Admissions. This individual will be an active member of our school community and thus expected to commit to the values of the school and its mission of preparing each student for college and life success.
- Contribute to and uphold the established admissions’ policies and procedures.
- Organize the collection, evaluation, and maintenance of information from prospective students such as application forms, financial aid forms, schools records, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, etc.
- Manage and maintain an accurate student applicant database, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Proactively organize, arrange, and coordinate recruiting efforts visiting middle schools, churches, and community organizations serving potential candidates for admission.
- Meet with parents, prospective applicants and school representatives to promote Cristo Rey Jesuit High School Milwaukee.
- Provide administrative support to the department as needed including, but not limited to, phone calls to parents and prospective students, organizing mailings, other department needs, etc.
- Prepare student files to be reviewed by the Director of Admissions before presenting to the Admissions Committee.
- Coordinate and communicate financial aid policies to families.
- Coordinate and conduct tours of the school and other activities for prospective students and their parents.
- Coordinate and organize both on and off campus admissions’ events to promote the mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, and act as a liaison with appropriate departments.
- Develop and foster professional relationships with potential students and their families, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate with the work study team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and school Principal.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Understanding and support of the Catholic, Jesuit mission of the school.
- Preference for experience in school admissions or recruitment.
- Preference for experience with Milwaukee Parental Choice Program.
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task accurately between tasks and maintain focus in a vibrant school setting.
- Attentive listener with the ability to respond to questions asked by prospective students and parents regarding the school, its policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-management and the ability to work independently, with a team, and in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness and availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Competence with Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license; must be insurable with good driving record.
- Physical Requirements ‐ Ability to lift 25 pounds.
To apply for this position:
If you are qualified and interested in this position, send:
- a cover letter with salary requirements,
- and a comprehensive resume, to: